CARMELITE HOUSE’S COMMITMENT TO YOU, OUR GUESTS, AS WE NAVIGATE THROUGH CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure your travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-190) continues to evolve.
Accordingly, the following measures have been put in place with immediate effect. We shall monitor the situation closely and issue further updates as required.
Your Travel Flexibility
All reservations made prior to 22nd March 2020 and scheduled for arrival before 1st May 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 48 hours before your scheduled arrival. In the case of cancellation, where deposits have been paid, these will be refunded.
Health and Hygiene
We take great pride in maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus, we have taken additional measures, as advised by the authorities, to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
• We have closed some communal areas – lounge and dining room (breakfast will continue to be served but will now be delivered to bedrooms)
• We have closed both our non ensuite rooms together with their associated toilet and shower facilities
• We have increased the frequency of cleaning/sanitising our public areas (including reception area, front door handles, banisters, front door bell, reception bell and credit card machine)
• Increased use of hand sanitisers
• Bedroom protocols do not require significant adjustment however, certain higher risk items will be removed from the bedrooms (such as coat hangers and hot drink sachets). They will still be available, on request, but will be sanitized first.
Guest will be expected to play their role by observing “social distancing” as recommended by the authorities and in the use of hand sanitization procedures. Liquid soap is already provided in all bedrooms.
In the event Carmelite House is required to close (either due to restrictions imposed by the authorities or, are no longer able to meet the necessary health and hygiene protocols required to keep our guests and team members safe), Force Majeure shall apply and Carmelite House will not be held liable for the resultant cancellation of reservations.
In these uncertain times we are doing our utmost to ensure the wellbeing of our guests and team members, and we shall strive to continue to do so. We will update our protocols in line with advice given by the authorities and keep you informed.
If you still have concerns about your travel plans and what we are doing to ensure your safety, then we would ask you to simply cancel your reservation with us and make alternative arrangements. If you are satisfied with your plans and our actions and decide to keep your reservation you will have agreed to the above revisions to your booking conditions.
22nd March 2020